Web developer & part-time tinkerer.
Hello, welcome to my site. I'm a full stack web developer, living in the Ottawa area. My passion is solving problems using the latest software and hardware.
Beautiful and responsive websites in a timely fashion using the latest web technologies. See for your self! Open this site on your mobile device or resize your window :)
Building and designing auto scaling backend systems which can handle large users traffic at any time. Only increasing server counts dynamically as the load increases, saving money on hosting costs
Experienced in monitoring operations in real time to ensure resources are being consumed in the most efficient way possible. Handling any issues that may arise become present during a high load spike in traffic
Sept 2013 - Aug 2015
Fullstack developer @ Hubub.com
Hubub is a Canadian based social media platform used by millions of people around the world. Hubub allows people to connect and share common ideas and interests on which ever Hubub they would like.
- Worked across the whole web stack with other developers to design, develop, implement, deploy and support vastly large scaling systems, cape-able of handling small to massive spikes of traffic in an automated cost effective manner.
- Acted as a communication point between the various project teams, ensuring no team was blocked on another team.
Aug 2011 - Sept 2013
UI / API Developer @ Baytek Systems
Baytek is a Ottawa web design, brand and business development firm. Baytek offers web solutions through simple and intuitive design with a strong technical backing through data driven websites. Enabling businesses to jump from an analog world, into the online digital world.Responsibilities included
- Full stack development of small to medium sized websites
- Working with clients and designers closely to draw up technical requirements of a project.
- Drawing up a technical design and plan to achieve outlined requirements which would be reviewed by vested stake holders
- Implementing, launching and supporting projects
Oct 2008 - Aug 2011
Webdeveloper @ Lixar I.T.
Lixar specializes in web, data, and development technologies, that when combined with its business expertise and methodology allow Lixar to offer its clients focused and complete solutions. Lixar’s clients are often companies that require a strong web presence, or have to deal with very sophisticated technology and business challenges, or a software firm that may require Lixar’s white-labeled professional services to complement their applications.Responsibilities included
- Requirement definition with client
- Design, develop, test, implement and support business web services
- Maintaining and updating existing websites
- Bug fixing
Apr 2008 - Aug 2008
Web Developer/Junior Sys Admin @ Zoom Airlines
Zoom Airlines was a discount airline flying several European and Caribbean routes. While working for Zoom I was tasked with a wide range of responsibilities. My Jr. sys admin role allowed me first hand experience with enterprise level website infrastructure and general day to day maintenance. Zoom believed heavily in internet technologies. Everything from customer ticket reservations to employee schedules where integrated into a custom “all-in-one” website, allowing for more accurate information passing from department to department.Responsibilities included
- Working with department managers to draw a set of requirements for new modules to be added the business administration website
- Conceptual GUI design for business modules
- Communicating with other developers to ensure all requirements are understood and met
- Testing of the completed module before returning to the department manager and training them how to use it
2004 - 2008
Computer Engineering Technology/Computer Science
Algonquin School of Advanced Technology
1999 - 2004
Secondary School Diploma
Chippewa High School
North Bay, Ontario
Want to know more?Download CV